Afghanistan at the 2023 Windows to the World
The Embassy of Afghanistan in Canberra warmly welcomes you to join us for a delightful journey into the heart of Afghan art & culture. The Embassy of Afghanistan in Canberra continues in fulfilling diplomatic responsibilities under the Vienna Convention of Diplomatic Relations of 1961, operating outside the realm of Taliban influence and is proud to showcase Afghan Art & Culture at the WTTW 2023.
The Embassy warmly invites you to join us for an enriching experience to discover Afghan heritage, traditions, and the many wonders we have in store for you!
Highlights of the open day include:
- Showcasing Afghan carpets and rugs: available for purchase, with proceeds aiding earthquake victims in Herat.
- An exclusive exhibition of select prints from the original "Making Marks" Handkerchief Artworks by Afghan women, courtesy of the Australian War Memorial.
- An immersive display of the embassy's cultural artefacts.
- Delight your taste buds at our Afghan Food Stall.
- Experience free dry fruit tastings paired with aromatic Saffron Tea.
- Revel in the joy of kite running. Hourly sessions determined.
- The "Afghan Cameleers in Australia" section presents books and photographs for viewing.
- Dive deep into Afghanistan's art and culture at our "Book Corner".
We eagerly await your presence!
For more information, please visit: https://events.canberra.com.au/windows-to-the-world/embassy-of-islamic-republic-of-afghanistan
When: Saturday 21 October, 10am - 4pm - No tickets required.
Where: 4 Beale Crescent, Deakin, ACT 2600