Australian Student Visa Information
Student visa (Subclass 500) will be granted to foreign citizens who intend to participate in a course of study in Australia. The type of course and its length will determine the length of stay. The visa costs from AUD575 for the main applicant, unless they are exempt. There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa. The applicant might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
This is a multiple entry visa and will be issued on temporary bases under specific conditions. The main conditions and requirements are the following:
- Be in a certain age (student age)
- Be enrolled in a course of study and provide evidence
- Have enough money for the duration of study and stay
- Meet Australian health requirement and have adequate health insurance
- Must be a genuine temporary entrant and intend to return home after studying in Australia
- Meet English language proficiency requirements (IELTS minimum score of 5.5 or TOEFL internet based test , minimum score of 46)
- Sign the Australian values statement
For more information please visit: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/study.